Thursday, January 28, 2010

THE O NEATERS

OK everyone use their best southern draw and try and read this conversation.

"MR Ducks"
"MR Not"
"CDM wins"
"LIB, MR Ducks"

The first one to write it in English wins!

What do you win?
A Ham and Cheese sandwich, for what better prize then ham and cheese?
I never before knew how good a ham and cheese sandwich truly was until Jessie made me one on our bike ride to lakemary a while back. Now I eat them all the time. I pack them for lunch and I make them for dinner. I eat them on a train in the rain, in a house with a mouse, I eat them here and there. Thank you my lovely Jessie for teaching me how beautiful a ham and cheese sandwich can be. I once ordered one at subway.
"I would like a ham foot long on wheat."
"Do you want it toasted?"
"No thank you."
"What kind of cheese?"
"Provolone"
"What else would you like on it?"
I looked at the choices for several minutes without saying anything.
"There isn't really anything more to put on a good old ham and cheese huh?"
The lady couldn't have said it any better.

Hopefully it is going to snow like Global Warming has threatened for years now.
I know I have done my share of ruining the world for my children I deserve a snow day. Then I can have more time to build V8 engines to melt the earth.
(it is going to snow and I might get out of school)
(I'm taking fuel and emissions right now)

I need a hair cut
I lost my job because there is "not enough work to keep me on"
I eat ham, carrots, soup, coffee, and ravioli!
I live to far away from a certain brown eyed girl
All the fish are probably dead from the cold
My roommates are really gross in ways you don't want to know
AND I'M DOING GREAT!

I really am. I don't know what it is but God has given me a really good peace about everything going on right now. Things can be hard when you're not really sure about the next way you are going to get paid again, much less the way you are going to make a living on something like diesel mechanics. I have found though, that through the grace of God you can really find a peace about his direction in your life. I would have never quit that job because I was just barely comfortable enough to stay. I had already learned everything that I could have there but I would have been stuck. Now I don't have a choice. I get to go find a new job that I can meet more people and learn new things at. If not, I get to learn how to make one dollar into three for a while. I really can't complain.

ALSO Never make fun of a band because one day you could end up playing drums in that kind of band. The kind that you made fun of for having really bad song writing and playing covers. Not that something like that happened but you know, just don't do it.

Now! Meet the crew! All my room mates in one place making dinner!

Here is Josh From VA, He shares a room with me and enjoys Drinking, complaining about "The same old 'stuff'", and chewing tobacco. He is quite and reasonable and only has two girls talking to him about "Getting together"

Meet Cornelius from Chattanooga TN. I think that's how you spell his name? He is into rap music, chicken, mumbling, and hot sauce. He is taking the Auto body classes at school and is currently dating a girl named Facebook. It might be serious though, he spends all his time with her.

This is Joey on the left, I couldn't get a good picture of him but you get the idea. He is also from VA and enjoys all of the same things as josh in addition to writing a new language. I haven't really been able to translate all of the words yet but he could probably read the opening the statement of this blog no problem.

And now the best for last David B. He has been with me from the start and really is a true friend. He was the only one I could get to smile so you know he is a good guy. And look out ladies, he's single!

I have come a really long way to be where I am at now and I can still smile even when I get to room with gentlemen like these; and play drum set like this.

The best part is I didn't have to set it up.

5 comments:

  1. "Them are ducks."
    "Them are not."
    "See them wings?"
    "Well I'll be! Them are ducks!"

    Very clever title and post. Give me blogging lessons?:)
    I miss you, and I'm so very proud of you for having this kind of perspective on life, even when it's tough.

    I was going to say I'd make you a ham and cheese anytime, but I figure you eat those pretty often now. How about I make you something you don't eat every day? Mmm. And let's go biking again.

    (P.S. On the "Look out ladies, he's single!" part, I inserted my own screaming sound effects.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It's always exciting in the Gable home when Tyler posts a new blog. Your posts are like chocolate to us, only they are funnier, less fattening, and free to read :)
    I am so glad you are doing okay. Ben and I were talking about you yesterday. Your attitude is awesome. We strive to have that samme attitude.
    Your roomates seem interesting! Facebook is a horrible name for a lady, but to each his own I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jessie! Either you've heard the joke before, or you're truly a daughter of the South! I had NO clue. I was all, "Mister Ducks . . ."

    The O Neaters, of course, are from "That Thing You Do."

    Praising God for your peace, Ty. He is faithful! He knows exactly what you need and will be Jehovah Jireh, the God Who Provides.

    Roommates at last! David looks like the friendliest, for sure. Cornelius is not who I imagined, and Josh and Joel have that "rawboned, hill-folk" thing going on. What fun!

    And ladies, with David you can bet you'll never go hungry. He's the epitome of hunter-gatherer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! Bubba you make me laugh so much! I love you Tyler! -Glenna

    Hey it's the o-netters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Jessie. I had no idea and I live up here!

    ReplyDelete