Saturday, February 13, 2010

Would You Be Mine?

This is the first year that I don't have an awesome hand welded, hand painted, custom candle holder to give to my ever deserving valentine.



Although she says she doesn't need anything, I know better then to let her get off that easy. So let me take this time of year and this blogging page to tell you a little bit about my valentine.

First you should know that she is the most beautiful girl, with her bright brown eyes, cute curly hair, and warm perfect smile. A wonderful style of fashion that could be a 1920's hat and gloves one day, or a sweater and jeans the next, always impressive no madder what the occasion. And if there is anyone that can where a dress, it would be my valentine. From blues, to blacks, to flashy reds, it is guaranteed to turn some heads. (Haha I didn't even mean to make that rhyme.)

But its not just her looks that make her beautiful. Its her Godly character that really makes her face shine. She will be the first to tell you that it is by grace that she has a hope and a future in this life. She has shown me with her actions how this grace is such a part of her. Weather it be by her compassion towards those who are in need, or in the way she shows hospitality to everyone around, I know that her heart is truly dedicated to the grace that we all need. The way she goes to school day in and day out is honestly amazing. Not that she simply puts in the time, but goes the extra mile to get up at the crack of dawn, to get all of her practice in. I have never seen such dedication and perseverance. All of these things attest to her undeniable beauty but it doesn't stop there, no my valentine is much more then all of this to me.


I told her one day that I was going to me a diesel mechanic and move seven hundred miles away for a whole thirteen months and go to school. Most girls would have cried and pleaded pulling your hair out while you attempt to make a decision, almost to the point of blackmail with sayings like "If you really cared for me.." Or "I don't think that's best for us.."

I wouldn't lie to you guys about this, my valentine has been behind me since day one. Never once have I heard her say that she wished I hadn't gone. Never once has she second guessed my decision. I know it has been hard for her these past six months but I have the best valentine EVER! It means more to me to have her support then even going to school in the first place. I can not believe that I am blessed with such a Godly young women.
My valentine is more then hugs and smiles, she is a testimony of grace and support that reflects our God and savior in such a way, I can do anything with her behind me. I have what most guys dream about this time of year, I have a true valentine.

Jessica Leigh, happy valentines day.


PS You make me feel like I'm strong lol

4 comments:

  1. AAAAWWWWWWWWWEEEEE!!!!!!
    Tyler, you have the best valentine in sweet Jessie. I am a big fan of hers, and everything you say about her is true. I am pretty sure she is super woman :)
    Happy Valentine's Day, you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this snuggled on a couch with your valentine. Aren't you jealous? ;)

    And are those really your arms? =P

    ReplyDelete